The Astoria Downtown Historic District Association (ADHDA) requires program funding and volunteer support to continue to its mission:
Encouraging community involvement and investment in preserving the character of historic downtown Astoria while promoting its health and future.
By supporting ADHDA with their dues, members play an important role in keeping our historic downtown district strong and making Astoria a more livable city.
YOU can make an investment in downtown Astoria’s future and help make it a downtown we can all be proud of.
Becoming a member is easy! Complete and return the ADHDA Membership Form to PO Box 261, Astoria, OR 97103
Sign up online!
Benefits of membership:
- Downtown networking opportunities
- Voting privilege in ADHDA board elections
- Logo listed in Business Directory
- Making a difference in YOUR downtown!
Donate to the 13th Street Alley Project
It is our goal to connect our bustling Commercial Street to the Duane Street corridor using this unique asset as an opportunity. An improved lighting scheme will create a welcoming environment for pedestrians, drawing people into this bustling new area of downtown.
ADHDA will use monies raised at our annual Jane Barnes Revue fundraiser and your online donations as a ‘match’ for several grant opportunities. Once we have acquired a budget for the project, we will send out requests for qualifications and proposals. A diverse panel will select the final design for implementation.
ADHDA Accomplishments in 2016 & 2017
Main Street Honors & AwardsWon Three 2016 Oregon Main Street “Excellence in Downtown Revitalization” Awards:
Outstanding Event: Shore Style Wedding Faire
Outstanding Special Event: Volunteer Appreciation and Awards Night
Business of the Year: Fort George Brewery and Public House
Won Two 2017 Oregon Main Street “Excellence in Downtown Revitalization” Awards:
Best Façade Renovation under $7,500: Astoria Vintage Hardware
Best Adaptive Reuse: Astoria Station (Reach Break, Reveille Cider, Astoria Barber, The Hot Box BBQ, and Sasquatch Sausage)
Secured two State Historic Preservation Office Grants for Revitalization of Downtown Buildings valuing $153,000:
Riviera Building at 11th Street and Marine Drive (Columbian Theater)
Merwyn Building/Waldorf Hotel at 11th Street and Duane Street
Promoting and Supporting Downtown Businesses
- Worked with volunteers, the city and other organization to keep downtown Astoria clean and green through the Plant Watering Program and Downtown Cleanup Days.
- Sidewalk Blocks Program: Used grant money to research and replace more than 4 dozen broken historic glass blocks in downtown sidewalks.
- Promoted local events and generated revenue through the Banner Program.
- Volunteers revitalized about 25 of “Mitch’s Witches” that are always a “smash” downtown during the scary season.
- Hilarity and frivolity aside, the 7th Annual Jane Barnes Revue raised over $18,000 for ADHDA programs.
- Volunteers gave 4,600 hours in support of ADHDA and its programs.
Need more information?
We are happy to provide assistance and answer any of your questions. Please contact us by phone, (503) 791-7940, email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us at the office, located at No 1-12th Street, Suite 114.