Your vote matters - only our community can secure this vital $150,000 Historic Preservation Grant!
The Astoria downtown Historic District Association in partnership with the Astoria Arts and Movement Center and the owners of the Astoria Odd Fellows building have been selected as 1 of 20 finalists in the 2019 Partners in Preservation Main Street Grant.
Please support the restoration of the Astoria Odd Fellows building by voting every day from September 24 through October 29 at www.VoteYourMainStreet.com/Astoria or text ‘MAINSTREET’ to 52886 to get started
The theme for this year’s Partners is Preservation grant is Women in History. Inside the Astoria Odd Fellows building, women are making history. This landmark building at the heart of downtown is a center for social, cultural and creative activity. It was the first building the community chose to rebuild in 1923 after a fire devastated the town. Today the building houses a gift gallery, apothecary, visual artist studio, and coffee shop, as well as Astoria’s only non-profit dance studio and a black-box community theatre - all owned and operated by local women.
With your vote and this grant funding, we aim to historically restore, weatherize and paint the building’s entire façade including the Italianate arched windows in order to ensure it will continue to serve the community for generations to come.
If you haven’t seen the inside of the Odd Fellows Building, which stands at 10th and Commercial in the heart of downtown, we have several events to introduce the building to the public.
• September 24th: Voting begins!! Vote every day at VoteYourMainstreet.com/Astoria or text 'MAINSTREET' to 52886
• October 5th 11am: Building history talk by Mac Burns of the Clatsop County Historical Society in Pier Pressure Productions followed by a building tour
• October 12th 5pm: Second Saturday Artwalk! Featuring paintings by artist Darren Orange and music by Israel Nebeker at 8pm in Pier Pressure Productions
• October 19th: Fort George Brewery collaboration beer release – All day in the pub, 1483 Duane
• October 26th 8pm: AAMC Voting Open House- come vote onsite to help us cross the finish line, then join us at 9pm for our Halloween Dance Party! All ages, costumes, performances, 21+ bar. FREE
• October 29th: Voting closes!!
All events are located in the historic Odd Fellows building at 1001 - 1015 Commercial Street in downtown Astoria unless otherwise indicated. To stay up to date visit: www.facebook.com/AstoriaArtsandMovementCenter