General: The Market Assistant supports the day-of operations of the Astoria Sunday Market, including running the info booth, collection of vendor payment envelopes, processing SNAP, covid-safety support, and other tasks needed to support the Sunday Market Manager.
When: Every Sunday from May 9 - Oct 10, roughly 6-8 hours between 9:00am - 5:00pm
Payment: $125 / market day, 23 Weekends
Due April 16, 2021
ASM Market Assistant will perform the following duties:
1. Set up Market Info Booth in designated space every Sunday, with 10x10 tent, tables, chairs, signage, newsletter sign up sheet, relevant outreach content, and EBT equipment.
2. Make sure you are present in the Market Info Booth at all times from 10am - 3pm every Sunday from May 9 - Oct 10.
3. Collect and organize all vendor envelopes at the end of each Sunday Market, and give change to vendors during market day.
4. Process all customer SNAP/EBT transactions. Be ready to answer questions about SNAP/EBT processes at Astoria Sunday Market to inform market-goers and vendors.
5. Be ready to answer any questions about Astoria Sunday Market in general, vendor locations, how to become a vendor, vendor protocol, etc.
6. Be ready to answer any questions about the Astoria Downtown Historic District Association.
7. Be ready to answer any questions and give suggestions about Downtown. Direct market-goers to restaurants, shops, galleries, museums, attractions, bathrooms etc.
8. Help support covid regulations at Astoria Sunday Market, including sanitation stations, social distancing, mask management, booth arrangement, etc.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Ability to efficiently and effectively count and organize money
- Ability to work with all types of people
- Passionate about the Astoria Sunday Market & Downtown Astoria
- Background and interest in food access
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
FEES & WORK SCHEDULE
Market Season: Sundays, May 9 - Oct 10 (6-8 hours / week)
Payment: $125 / week
Send in a resume and a paragraph or two about why you are a great fit for the position to email@example.com by April 16th.
Shelby Meyers, Market and Promotions Manager
Phone: (503) 440-7168
Note: Independent Contractor means that you will fill out a W9 upon hire, and we will provide you with a 1099 for you to file with your taxes. ADHDA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.